So... last night we went to the hospital because I was having contractions every five minutes. I timed them for over an hour and then called my doctor. I am only 34 weeks, so delivering this early might mean a unhealthy baby. I was sent to the hospital, so they could monitor the baby, and stop my contractions. I had strong and consistent contractions for a good 5-6 hrs before they stopped. Thank goodness it worked. The baby is still healthy!
One story to share: Last night, when they had me hooked up to the monitor, I started feeling AND HEARING hiccups! I have felt him get them before, but it was so much more fun to hear them too! We could hear all of his movements, which was often. It made me get so excited for when I get to hold him! It was really cute!
One more side note: Can I mention that I HATE IV's! And any needles for that matter!
I think it is my lot in life to be a living pin cushion.
Now the hard part is not to get my hopes up that this baby will actually come early! Isn't it ironic, that I have never delivered any of my babies early before, and I probably wont this time either, but I have this one fluke pre-labor, that most likely will not happen again until after my due date. Of all the luck!!! So please help me keep my head mentally strong this next 6-7 weeks that I have left, waiting, by encouraging me that I can last that whole time, cheerfully.
Thanks to all my supportive friends and family!
4 comments:
I'm glad everything is ok:) I hate needles too!
You can do this! You've done it before and you can do it again. You are SUPERWOMAN! Keep that baby cooking:)
Oh my goodness!! I am so glad everything was ok!! You an totally wait girl, just think...the longer you are pregnant, the longer you get to experience the miracle of creation right inside your own body...I mean, that is pretty darn cool!!!
Besides, the longer you are pregnant, the longer you avoid smelly diapers....
just stuff to think about!!
We love you guys!!!!
Keep him in! Keep him in! Way in! (if I had pom-poms, that would sound better)
Wow Brook! That can be scary and I'm glad he's okay! I had my 2nd early and I wish he had gone at least another week. I could see the difference in appearance between the two. He was chubbed out like Eli, he had just a touch of that premi look (he wasn't a premie though, only 2.5 weeks early) but he was sick by week one and I really think it was because he was early (and has a brother). So, in the long run...you probably want him to cook (no punn intended) just a bit longer! It'll be worth it to hold a healthy well rounded baby in your arms! You can do it.
Post a Comment