Yesterday, I contracted all day again. I hesitated going to the hospital (hoping the contractions would stop on their own), but finally broke down and went after dinner. The contractions were even closer and stronger this time, so I knew we needed to get them stopped. They were really quick to give me the nasty shots in my arm, and it didn't take too long for the C's to slow down.
We got back pretty early in the morning, and they gave me a sleeping pill, which did me a doozy! I don't think I was my normal self until noon today! Thank goodness my sister and her husband came over to take care of things for me.
So now I am told that I am on even more a strict daily routine. Basically, I can either live on the couch, in my bed, or at the computer. I am not aloud to lift anything or do any work. Oh, and I have to drink water constantly, but at the same time keep my bladder empty at all times. Which means I will be living in the bathroom most of the day. This has to last until I am 36 weeks, then I can do what ever I want to try to get the baby out. That gives me a week and 1/2 of bore and feeling like I can't be the mommy and wife I want to be.
Well, I am grateful the baby is still doing really well! I wish I knew why I was having these freakishly weird early contractions. But soon (hopefully I won't be having these C's the whole 5 weeks) the baby will be here! I am so excited!!
5 comments:
Sorry to hear about this "fun". Hey, do you have a laptop? 'Cause then you could take the computer with you to the bathroom and be good. Ü
Good luck@
Yikes! That is scary.
I hope he decides to calm down for you for the next while!
I'm sorry you've had so many trips to the hospital! That's no fun! I'm getting excited to see that baby boy of yours though! Hang in there friend!
good luck girl! Keep that baby in there!
Brooke,
I finally was able to get into your blog.
1st. Congrats Jim!!!! You will be a terrific teacher. Your patience and prayers were effective.
2nd. Hang in there Brooke. My prayers are with you. Again, be patient, blessings come.
3rd. Yes you have a bookworm and he loves to share them with others.
I love all of you
Grandma Verna
Post a Comment