Many of you know that Jim graduated November of last year. He received his masters in elementary education. It has been his lifetime goal to be a teacher, making a difference for many generations to come.
Since Jim graduated mid-school year he was unable to get a contract and start teaching right away. His other option was to substitute teach. Jim was very blessed to get a full time sub job right away at the school he did his student teaching. He has been sub-teaching a 2nd/3rd grade combo class until last Friday. For the last several weeks we have been hearing how it is pretty much impossible to get daily sub jobs, because of the budget cuts in the schools education program (the schools are trying to cover classes just with teachers, so they don't have to hire subs). We have been so worried about how we were going to make ends meet if Jim was unable to work.
Well, Friday (Jim's last day working), Jim got a call from a principle at a different school asking him if he would teach a 6th grade class through to the end of the school year!!!!
The miracle of it all, was that the teacher of this class had delivered her baby 2 weeks ago, and they had already hired a sub, but Friday the original sub ended up not working out, so that was the day they called Jim (the day he was available)! The principle interviewed him and told him he was extremely impressed. We are both so excited!! It is a really nice school and will be a great experience for Jim!! Our prayers have been answered!!!
Now we just need to get him hired for next school year. One step at a time, right! :0)
7 comments:
Congratulations! That is so exciting!
I'm so glad that things have worked out. I know how stressed you were about it. Congrats! I would hire Jim too!
that is awesome! so happy for you guys!
Yay!! I love tender mercies! I love prayer, and I love you Brooke!!! I am so glad that things are working out.
Yeah! I'm so happy for you guys! I know this has been a worry and I'm happy to hear that, at least for now, you have one less thing to worry about. :0) We sure miss you guys! Oh, there's a boy that moved into the ward...he's 7 years old and he looks a little like Tyler...at least MF thinks so...she keeps calling him Tyler even though his name is Robert. :0) Just thought I'd share.
Yea! I'm so glad things are working out for you thus far...I'm sure it's a HUGE relief!
I am so excited for you guys! That is great news! I hope your luck continues.
Post a Comment