Friday, March 6, 2009

Should I throw away their toys or not?

I'm tired of hearing my kids wine all day about wanting to watch TV. We have so many great toys that my kids barely play with. I finally broke down and told Justin that I would throw away his toys, because he wants to watch TV all day instead of playing with them.
Well, Justin decided he liked his toys after all!

3 comments:

Myra said...

Ken's mom did a grab bag of toys...she'd take toys away when the kids were bad and put them in a mesh bag so they could see the toys. They'd have to earn the toys back, with chores or good behavior or money. I always think I'm going to use the grab bag, but I just end up giving the toys to charity because they have so many.

Steve and Steph said...

I should try that...when Cooper can comprehend that concept. I can't wait for that! Right now, he's just addicted to the dang TV!

Malori and Jon Saline said...

That is a great idea!! My mom always threatened to give our toys away if we didn't clean up our room. She said that she would get everything that was out of place and give them to "homeless children" - but we never took her seriously....until one day.
That's right, my mom came in with a big black bag, and in spite of our screams and cries, she loaded up our Barbies and our dolls and our blocks and books - everything that was out of place - and took them, never to be seen again!!
We never doubted her again!!
Way to be a strong mom Brooke!! Trust me, they will learn if you just stick to your guns! I sure did!