I went to the salon a couple of days ago with my sister, Jessica, to get our hair done cute. I wanted to get a really big "wow factor" change. It had been a really long time since I had gotten a haircut, and I had never cut it really short before, so I had made up my mind to try it. I had found a picture that I liked and showed it to the lady, but for some reason she didn't believe me that I wanted it that short, so she only cut it to shoulder length. While we were letting Jessica's hair color set, the lady said, "lets just let it air dry and you can think about it. If you like it this length or I can cut it a little shorter". She also at this time continued to tell me the reasons for not cutting it shorter. Now, while I appreciate the sincerity of her making sure I didn't do something drastic that I would regret later, I was rather frustrated that she didn't listen to what I really said I wanted.
Oh! And she happened to mention that I could be cutting it because I was pregnant and all of the baby hormones and then asked me when I was due. I then had to proceed to tell her that I wasn't pregnant anymore and that that was part of the reason I was cutting it, was because I wanted to be able to focus on, and be noticed for, a really cute hair cut, and not that I looked pregnant still.
So. . . after we waited a bit, I told her that I didn't change my mind and that I STILL wanted it shorter and that I STILL wanted a little bit of bangs. So she cut a couple more inches off. At this point Jessica turned around and asked me, "Brooke, didn't you wanted it shorter, like off the neck"? The salon lady then glared at Jess. I told her I indeed STILL wanted it shorter and she cut it one or two more inches. STILL not short enough. And when I got my glasses back on I could tell that not only did she give me bangs, but she gave me a lot of bangs!!!!! Wow!! I now have an 80's style fro on my forehead!!!! Wonderful! That is really what I needed to boost the already not gorgeous look!! So, I gave up and went home, feeling OK about it until noon the next day when it hit me how bad it really was. I hate it!!!!!
So, the plan is to call someone I really know (which is what I should have done in the 1st place) and have her cut it shorter, and fix it as best she can. The rest (bangs) will just have to grow out in a few months.
So... this is happy me!
9 comments:
Wow. Yeah, you got the wow factor. I cut bangs once in my adult life and won't be doing that again. I got a bad cut recently and ended up going back the next day and getting someone else to fix it free. When I told them who had cut it originally, the two ladies I was talking to looked at each other like, "yep, we should have known." Apparently she'd been getting a lot of complaints. :0)
. . . and the sad, sad face makes this story even better!:) Oh sorry, are we supposed to be supportive? Seriously Brooke, you looked so cute on Sunday with the little flower and all. Let Corinne fix it if you must, but remember that your hair ISN'T what we all love about you . . . it's just YOU!
Hey Brooke! Julie forwarded me your blog address! What a nightmare of a story! I would be so mad at that stylist that I wouldn't have even paid her. I mean seriously...they are supposed to do what you ask! From my point of view, the cut doesn't look bad, but it obviously was NOT what you were asking for! I hope that you are able to get it cut into something that you will like!
Brooke,
So...I am with Whitney. I thought you looked so cute on Sunday too! Although I must agree with you on those dang stylists that do not do what you want.
I got the same response when I wanted to whack my hair off. Don't they think we know what we want, and that we're there for a change? It doesn't look bad though, but I know you're dissappointed. I'm so sorry for your loss. We love you and wish the best for you.
Brooke,
I don't think it looks that bad, but it's clearly not what you wanted:( On the up side, your hair does grow really fast, so the bangs should grow out in no time and since she didn't cut enough off, there's a lot there to "fix" it with. Besides, your pretty smile makes up for it all anyway, so stop frowning:)
Love you! Miss you!
I like your hair! I thought it was cute, I think I even told you that today. I liked the headband that you were wearing. (I can't wear them cause I have a really round head, Curt calls me Charlie Brown.)
Oh no BRook!!! LOL!! When I did see you, your hair did look kinda.. different but not in a bad way just different. I feel for ya honey and your 80's do!
Post a Comment