Monday, March 3, 2008

Museum Fun

Myra Johnson invited us to go to The Museum for Youth in down town Mesa with them. We had so much fun!! Thanks Myra!
There was this big kids room that was all about creative imagination for children. Jim took Caleb in this section especially for babies and Caleb had a blast. He especially loved discovering his little friend in the mirror!Tyler stopped to say hello on his way down the big tree slide.

All of the kids there were playing dress up. Many of you know how I love taking pictures of kids playing with costumes! They all tried on different career hats and clothes for a while and then traded to be something else. I loved that Justin was already wearing his own baseball cap, so when he wanted to try on something else, he traded it. He put on the "fire man" hat and left his there on the hat hook for someone else to try on. I was glad I saw it, so I picked it up before another kid ran off with his hat.

This is Abe Johnson. What a great smile!
This is Justin, Tyler Fosburgh, and Abe again. They are the perfect trio of buddies.




There was a special exhibit on Jim Henson and all of his muppets at the museum. We were able to learn about how he created the muppets and see many of his drawings before they were built. It was very interesting learning how they were made and how many different muppets he made besides Big Bird and the others we know.

The kids were really good about being patient while we walked through the adult part of the exhibit (probably boring part for them). They got really excited when they got to play with puppets themselves and Tyler liked making these muppet faces on the wall.



Tyler is so into art right now. He loves to write and draw and color. He is a good little artist too.
There was also a little room about the Berenstain bears books. It showed how they were made and told of the history of their creators. Justin liked telling his own story on the wall board.

All in all a great day as a family and with friends!




3 comments:

Crissybug said...

I have seen a couple of people post about the fun they have been having down at that museum. It makes me want to make a trip over there. It looks like the boys had a blast!

Myra said...

What great pictures. Thanks for posting those of Abe. I'll copy them over to my files for the future! We had so much fun with you at the museum. I hope they do more free days like that in the future!

Kate said...

That place looks great and the boys look like they had a terrific time! I just can't believe how big they are all getting to be! I probably say that all the time but seriously they are! And Tyler's going to be 6 soon. Wow! We miss you guys so much! Maybe we'll have to plan a trip this year after all. Crazy. :0)
Love you chica!