Saturday, March 5, 2011

5K-IMMIE

 My awesome friends, Kimmie and Rob, organized a 5K! 
I am so in awe with all my fantastic friends that were there!
Everyone did so great!
It was so fun to run with people I knew, and I was so motivated to catch up to those that were in front of me.  It was a great way to push me to go faster.
The wind was pretty strong on the path along the canal, but I kept thinking how much easier it was without having to push a double stroller full of kids against the wind ( I have done that, and hated it!)
At the end, I had the strength to sprint!  It felt so invigorating!
I love the great feeling I have when I get done with a run!
(except for the strong urge I have to pee)
After I took a quick stop to the bathroom, I was able to go cheer everyone else that was finishing! 
Great job everyone!
This was such a great activity!
THANKS KIMMIE!
Here are some of the 1st comers, before the race.
It was a little chili as we started gathering.
 Getting ready at the starting line!
GO!
A bunch of us made 5K-IMMIE shirts, so we had to get a picture.
A bunch of really HOT MAMMAS, in my opinion!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Brooke Cook is a gazelle. That's all I have to say about that.

Kimmie said...

I am so proud of us all! You did amazing! That was so much fun! Thanks for being there to help make it great! And I agree with Whitney, you are a gazelle!

Pianamama said...

Brooke - thanks for the comment you left on my blog. It's fun to see your beautiful family and you look GREAT!! Wait-to-go on losing the weight friend!! I'll add your blog to my list so I remember to check it more often. Miss you!

Bracken and Bracken said...

SO sad I missed out on it, although I would have been WAY in the back ;)

Jason and Crystal Mabb said...

Brooke~

It was fun also to see you at the zoo. When I get my membership, I'll let ya know and we can meet there

TGS said...

What a great idea! Whoa! 5k. work it sister.

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

That is great!! Keep it up....if you can sprint at the end then you can probably run further! :) You are an animal!

Steve and Steph said...

Brooke! You look AMAZING!!! I miss you!