Jim and I decided to go on the HCG diet. We went 2 1/2 weeks eating only 500 calories per day!Then we added things back to our diet gradually for three weeks, saving starches and sugars for the last day. Today I got to have sugar, cereal, and bread again!
These are the things I missed most:
I could have strawberries, but they are so much better with chocolate!
Awe, heavenly chocolate chip cookies. Now I will try eating just 1 or 2, instead of 6. :)
In the Word of Wisdom, it says that grains are the "Staff if Life". I agree.
I think the difference is, that from now on I will try to make sure I am eating healthy grains.
I think pretty much every Sunday of my entire life, I have had mashed potatoes and gravy at my parents home. We have still gone over to my parents for dinner these last few weeks, and I watched everyone eat my beloved potatoes and gravy, but stayed strong!
The things I learned:
How much junk we ate before!
There is sugar, fat, and high fructose corn syrup in EVERYTHING!
I can make a good/YUMMY meal that is healthy.
I don't need to eat everything that looks or sounds good.
It is OK to say, "no thank you", and people don't look at you weird.
I can feel proud of myself when I am showing self control.
I only need to eat a small amount of food to feel full and satisfied.
Drinking more water is possible and good.
Calories can add up fast, but if I eat more fruits and veggies, I can eat more and feel better.
My waist line CAN BE SMALLER!!!!!
P.S. My Husband is HOT!!!
I could have strawberries, but they are so much better with chocolate!
Awe, heavenly chocolate chip cookies. Now I will try eating just 1 or 2, instead of 6. :)
In the Word of Wisdom, it says that grains are the "Staff if Life". I agree.I think the difference is, that from now on I will try to make sure I am eating healthy grains.
I think pretty much every Sunday of my entire life, I have had mashed potatoes and gravy at my parents home. We have still gone over to my parents for dinner these last few weeks, and I watched everyone eat my beloved potatoes and gravy, but stayed strong!The things I learned:
How much junk we ate before!
There is sugar, fat, and high fructose corn syrup in EVERYTHING!
I can make a good/YUMMY meal that is healthy.
I don't need to eat everything that looks or sounds good.
It is OK to say, "no thank you", and people don't look at you weird.
I can feel proud of myself when I am showing self control.
I only need to eat a small amount of food to feel full and satisfied.
Drinking more water is possible and good.
Calories can add up fast, but if I eat more fruits and veggies, I can eat more and feel better.
My waist line CAN BE SMALLER!!!!!
P.S. My Husband is HOT!!!
3 comments:
Good for you for sticking with it and LEARNING important things about your relationship with food! P.S. You're hot too!
I don't know if I could go that long without all those good things, but I am learning how much junk is in processed foods. I'm trying to get my family to eat healthier. I find that food storage goes hand and hand with healthy whole grains and no corn syrup. Just started canning my own food so we can have a healthy alternative when produce isn't as readily available as it is now. Good for you, Brooke. Good luck. We miss you so much.
I did that diet and you're right I was surprised at how much sugar is in everything. I had no idea until I did my first round. I have a cookbook (HCG)on email if you would like to have it. I still make the recipes for my family since the hubster loves them. let me know.
Post a Comment