I look forward to conference every 6 months, because no matter what struggles I am going through, I always hear exactly what I need.This time I learned:
1. To have more trust in Heavenly Father, that He will take care of us. (We have already seen this, because Jim hasn't been a day without work since he graduated) I must CHOOSE to not have fear. If I have fear, than I am not allowing myself to have faith, and faith is the key to seeing His blessings.
2. That we are never alone. And if we feel alone, there is one person that truly understands how we feel. Our Savior, Jesus Christ.
3. I need to stop complaining! I also need to take challenges with a better attitude and try harder to see what it is I am to learn from them.
4. I need to stop buying things that I can't afford, and be content with what we have. I am also trying to re-evaluate what we currently have, that we can learn to live without.
5. I need to show more respect to others, especially to my own family, by being more patient, and speaking with a kinder tone. This will bring reverence and love in our home and make it feel more like a temple.
6. At times we mourn, but we should never mourn with out hope in our hearts and gratitude for the plan of happiness, because there are so many reasons to still be happy!
7. I shouldn't ever let any excuses keep me away from the Temple. And I should make my temple attendance more sincere without distraction, so that I can be spiritually strengthened.
Attending the temple is important because it gives us God's protective power from the adversary.
2 comments:
It's so incredible because those are the exact things that stuck out to me while I was watching conference, but they probably stood out to us in different ways. I love the way the spirit can speak to us especially during conference!! And I love you too Girl!!!!!!!!!
Brooke,
I love you. I love that you are so GOOD. (I don't understand it, per se... but I do love it.) Thank you so much for always being willing to share your testimony, and your thoughts and feelings. One of my most favorite qualities in you is that you are always so cheerful, and so grateful.
I loved this post! ... I love you!
Post a Comment