Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Future Spelling Bee Winner!

Today I helped in Tyler's 1st grade class. When I walked in his teacher got so excited to tell me that, earlier that day, Tyler had been given an advanced spelling test and had gotten some really big words correct! They were all at a 5th-6th grade level!!
I asked Tyler if he could remember some of the words he spelled correctly, this is what he came up with: extremely, property, political, orchestra, and persistence
There were a few more words that we can't remember now.
His teacher said there was one that she double checked for spelling in the dictionary herself.
I didn't get them all right. Go Tyler!

6 comments:

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I'm telling you - your kids are brilliant!!

Missy said...

Very impressive:) Those are some tough words too!

Kimmie said...

I knew he was a smart one, ever since i was in nursery with him, and he knew all of his animal sounds at 18 months! Including a coyote!

Laurie said...

Seriously... that is AWESOME!

The Earls said...

Great job Tyler! I've always thought you were a smartie! And Brooke, I just noticed your new ticker...congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Jim. I hope all is going well!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Impressive...smart kid!! Congrats on the new ticker! Maybe it will be a girl?! Your family is so cute!
ps-Can I add you to my friends list?