I continue to have a low platelet count (platelets are what causes your blood to clot) and the doctors can't figure out why.
There has been numerous blood tests, CT scan, ultra sound, X ray, and now a bone marrow biopsy.
Yesterday, they put me to sleep and made a tiny incision so they could cut out a sample of my bone marrow to be tested. Doesn't that sound like fun!
The funny part is that I thought it would be less painful if they put me under, but it took 4 pokes, a lot of digging with the needle, and a numbing needle (that never worked) before they got the IV in to put me to sleep. Which is better?
Now I am at home resting. I'm just a little achy and sore.
5 comments:
Brooke,
It's Amy Webb. I found your blog through Kim's. I had no idea that you were going through that. I hope everything is alright. Let me know if you need anything.
oh, bless you!!
I'm so sorry! That sounds awful! I hope they find out what's wrong very soon.
Hey Brook, I had no idea you were having so many troubles, you always seem pleasant when I have been around you. You are a very strong woman physically and emotionally (well at least that I have noticed) to handle the stress of the tests and family life and to top it off, a church calling. WOW. How long has this been going on? I wish you and your family the best of luck and my prayers are with you guys. Take care of yourself. -Theresa
Hi Brooke,
It's Malori Saline from the ward - I found you through Laurie's blog.
I didn't know you were going through so much! Let me know if you need anything at all!!
You are in our prayers!
Post a Comment