I was tagged by my dear friend Katie, who lives in Hawaii. We met right after High School on the first day of college orientation. We have been great friends ever since!
I tried to put in a picture of me in High School, but it didn't work.
This Tag is all about me at High School
1. Did you date someone from your school?
I went on lots of group dates with friends, but I never had a boyfriend in High School. There were a bunch of us that loved hanging out with eachother, so we would find any excuse we could to do stuff with eachother. I am so greatful for such great friends that were such a great infuence!
2. What kind of car did you drive? When I finally got my license at age 17, I drove my family's big blue van when I got the chance. But, I had to share with my parents, my sister, and 2 older brothers, so I didn't drive much. We carpooled to and from school, and I rode with my friends when we went places.
3. Were you a party animal?
Yes! But, I was a good girl. My friends and I would throw huge parties! Most of them were at my house. We played all sorts of good clean games, ate great homemade cookies (by my mother) and danced our hearts out!! Like I said I had lots of great friends! I was, and still am, a social bug. Probably the only thing I fought my mother about was when I wanted to go out with friends and wanted to stay past curfu.
4. Were you considered a flirt?
I don't know if I was considered a flirt by others, but I know I was. I loved getting the boys attention. I'm sure I cared a little too much about what the boys thought of me. It never worked though. None of the boys ever thought of me as more than just a good friend. In fact, many of the boys confided in me about their girlfriend problems. It used to frustrate me, because they would always say, "you are so great to talk to" and " You are such a great friend", when I had a crush on them and wanted them to ask me out. Aah Well, it all works out in the end. I have a great hotty, who loves me now!
5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
I did play the flute from 4th grade to 7th, but quit to join choir. (you couldn't do both in CAL, and they didn't even have an orchestra) By the time I was in High School, I was a total choir nerd! Everything I did evolved around choir. I sang Alto in the top Accappella group for 3 yrs. I made regionals twice. I also loved the California tour we took as a choir.
6. Were you a nerd?
It depends. I probably looked a little nerdy, but I am not smart like a real nerd. I wasn't interested in nerdy stuff- just boys, clothes, music, and having fun.
7. Were you on any varsity teams?
No, I didn't play sports. Now that I'm older, I appreciate sports a little more, and wish I had been more athletic, but I wasn't. I lettered in music. (Silly, hugh?)
8. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Nope. I really was a good girl. I worked hard to get A's and B's. My teachers liked me, except when I wouldn't stop talking to my neighbor.
9. Can you still sing the fight song?
Yes! Our choir learned a special arrangement, that we sang in our end of the year concert, so I can sing it in parts! I think it helps that I have 5 younger siblings that went to my High School. Thus, I have been to many choir concerts and graduations and Bachaloriates, all of which is sung the fight song. It is huge tradition for alumni's to sing along.
10. What was your school's full name?
Mesa High School -Mesa, AZ
11. School mascot? Jack Rabbits. Yes, you can laugh at how not intimidating that is. What was funny was how many ways artists would draw the Jack Rabbit with muscles to make it look tough. Our colors were Purple and Gold.
12. Did you go to Homecoming and who with?
My Senior year I went with Russell Stradling. I remember having a great time teasing eachother in History class the year before. We became pretty good friends. He was a really great guy.
13. What do you remember about your Senior Prom?
I went with JR Blake. He was super nice and a true gentleman. I remember how quiet he was, but I always managed to get him to laugh. I loved my prom dress and felt like a princess in it. We went out to dinner and then went to the dance. The prom was at the Phoenix Zoo. It was a weird place to have a Prom. The years before the prom was at some really fancy hotel, but for some reason that year someone decided to have it at the zoo. It was still decorated really pretty and we had a great time dancing.
14. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
No way! Although, I was thinking if I went back with what I know now, that it would have been better. I just like myself much better now and am very happy the way things are now. Whatever I experienced then, was all leading up to now, so I wouldn't change a thing.
15. What do you remember most about graduation?
I remember how excited I was! It was so fun to know that we were done with High School, but so sad to say goodbye to friends. Some, I knew I would keep in touch with, but many I didn't. I didn't know anyone who was going to the same college as me, so I was nervous and excited to have a new start. I remember my friends and I partied for the whole week leading up to graduation! Our school had a big picnic the day of after the practice. We had a huge water fight at that picnic. I remember walking up and waving infaticly. The grad parties were great too! Grad night was at Big surf, so most of my friends started off the night there. Then we went to my friends house to hang out. We stayed up all night long! Then, in the morning, my other friend had planned a graduation breakfast party. I think I finally went to sleep at 11 the next day. The whole summer I was SO happy to be heading away to college!
16. Where did you go senior skip day?
I drove our huge ugly blue Van, full of my friends to the Salt River, so we could all tube down it. We all had a great time. It isn't the cleanest place to go and there are a lot of drunk people there, but we had enough of us that we stuck together and had a blast!
17. Were you in any clubs?
I was the historian in my choir counsel. This just meant that I was supposed to take pictures of our choir and I got to be included in all the meetings and I wore a flower during the end of the year concert. I was also in the musical "Music Man" my sophmore year, so I spent many a days in the drama room after school that year. Many of my friends I had in High School, I made from being in that musical.
I would also count seminary as a club, because it was a great place to hang out and they always had great activities!
18. Have you gained some weight since then? Yes. I was always a little bit big. I gained a little more my 1st year in college. My 3rd year in college I lost a lot of waite and was the smallest I've been! I looked great when I got married! Then childbirth happened, and total loss of self control. I am stuck in a slump!
19. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? It was last year and no I didn't go. It would have cost us $200! Rediculous! I have kept in touch with most of my best friends and who's to say the others I wanted to see would have been there. I was going to go to the family picnic (that was free), but something happened that day that prevented me from going. Maybe I'll go to my 20 yr reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment