Friday, April 25, 2008

THE PERFECT PATIENT

Tyler is so good for doctors! Last November, when he had surgery for the removal of his tonsils, all the nurses and doctors kept telling us that they wished all their patients were as sweet and good as him. He was in so much pain and when I asked him how he was doing he always said with much effort,"Great mom". What a trooper!

So... this last Monday Tyler had some dental work done. He had to get some fillers, so they numbed his mouth and everything. He was so good at following directions and the dentist told him, more than once, that he was very brave and so good. He replied," I just want to be good so that you don't mess up and then you wont have to do it again." The dentist and I laughed and then she said, "Your right Tyler; and this way we will be done really fast". Later the assistant was sitting next to him while we were waiting for the numbing to take effect, and Tyler closed his eyes while he was laying in the chair. The assistant told him he could go to sleep if he wanted to, and Tyler replied, "I'm going to stay awake so that I can open my mouth when the dentist needs me to". He thought of all of this all on his own. I got a little chuckle over his theory of everything. I was very proud of my Tyler. I think some adults aren't even that brave and logical at the dentist!

2 comments:

Suzy Farar said...

woWhat a great kid!

Whitney said...

Your kids are just like you Brooke. They are so good, sweet and accomodating!