Saturday, February 26, 2011

5K pictures coming!

The week of my 32nd birthday, I ran in my 1st 5K!
It was awesome!
My one and only goal was to run the entire thing, and I did it!!!
I have been practicing really hard, and it feels so great to have done what I never thought I could do.  I have always hated running.  When I was in High school, I would get really sick (like couldn't breath) when I ran, and my doctor diagnosed me to have athletics asma.  So, I always used that as an excuse, and became lazy.  But as I have watched inspiring people struggle against great odds to work, and loose weight, I have come to a conclusion, that I was making excuses for myself, and not trying hard enough.  I thought I couldn't do it, but I can!  I thought I was too busy, too tired, and not strong enough.  I thought I didn't have the will, or self control, but I do!  Every day isn't perfect (or even close), but every good step I take forward, is in the right direction!  Those days when I sleep in and don't have the will to get up early, or I eat the wrong things, I have come to learn that it is OK.  I can make the right choice the next time.  As long as I don't give up.  I still don't love running, but I love how good it feels to have done this great thing, and I don't want to stop.  I want to keep working towards a goal, and pushing further than where I have been before.  With prayer, anything is possible!

3 comments:

Missy said...

that's awesome Brooke! Congrats!

Jenna Moulton said...

Good for you, Brooke! I knew you could do it. I am so proud of you.

Kelle said...

You are my hero! I want to be able to do that someday. That is so awesome. Congratulations.