Friday, November 12, 2010

Our little theatrical performers!

 Our boys were in their schools "Alice and Wonderland" children's play.
Tyler was Tweedle Dum, which I think was the funnest part, because he got to be really silly, and funny for the crowd.  He did such a great job at speaking clearly, so that the audience got the jokes!
He was also a great singer and dancer!
 Justin was our little rock lobster (you can see him above Alice)
They are the sailors that follow the dodo bird around.  They do a really cute dance, that Justin had down really good!
 They had an Alice choir, to give more kids the opportunity to participate. 
Keep in mind that these are all 1st-3rd graders.
They looked and sounded so great!
It reminded me of the primary program, but much more extravagant.
 Justin in the back, and Tyler in front.
 The boys posed for me before the show.
Tyler is pretending to shake hands, because his song was "How Do You Do and Shake Hands"
Justin is pretending to snap his claws (that were big red sparkly oven mitts on stage).
 In the Tweedles big scene, they bump into Alice, and Alice says she is sorry.  Tyler says, "Hello Sorry, nice to meet you.  Then Alice tries to explain that her name isn't sorry, and apologizes again, so they don't get it, and continue to think her name is Sorry.  Then the Tweedles teach Alice how to shake hands and introduce herself properly.  In the process they get themselves all tangled up in a knot. 
It was a hit!  I saw several school kids trying to tie themselves into knots after the play was over!
 Here are 4 of the 5 rock lobsters (I'm not sure where the other one was).
They were all 1st graders and so super cute!
It was fun to watch them fidget on stage while they were waiting for their big part.
And then they did a great job singing and dancing!
 This is their great choreographer!!
And the amazing Director!
She was fabulous!  So much time and patience, and sacrifice was given to put this play on.
Thanks to all!!

2 comments:

Jenna Moulton said...

Congratulations boys! I am so proud of you. I wish I could have seen it. Keep up the good work.

TGS said...

Too adorable!