A few months ago, Justin got a cyst in his gums.
Then it got infected really bad (so bad that he wouldn't eat).
The doctor gave him something to clear up the infection, but when we took him to the dentist, she said it still looked pretty infected inside there and needed a way to drain out. So... we scheduled to have the tooth removed. I am still not really sure how I feel about it, because it didn't come out naturally, it may be a really LONG time before his big tooth grows back in.
So, my boy is going to have a gap for a while.
But, on the flip side, I have a pretty happy 6 yr old, who is so excited he lost his first tooth, and got a visit from the tooth fairy!
1 comment:
Poor little guy!! I have a cousin who fell and knocked out both of his top front teeth. He is was like 5 years old when it happened, so he has been toothless for a while, and they still haven't grown back yet. The good thing is that people expect kids to be missing teeth so they won't think he looks weird, and they will grow back sometime so he won't have to get a fake tooth!
Plus, the tooth fairy came, so that is way exciting!!
I hope this helps the infection go away.
Post a Comment