Thursday, September 16, 2010

I have been subbing as cub scout den mom till we get someone trained.
It has been a lot of fun getting to know the boys better.
We got to go to the firestation and learn how our local firemen are good citizens.
I am amazed at the work and dedication these firemen have.
This was a helmet that was given to the firemen from a foriegn country (I wish I could remember where). They said it was designed even better then the US helmets.
I think it looks a lot like Perry the platipus (on Justin's shirt).
We happened to visit just a few days after the historical September 11th. We talked about the great sacrifice the firemen gave on that day. There was a flag and poster listing all the firemen that died while working in the disasters of Sept 11th. It was eye opening to see such a great number.
The boys got to climb into the big firetrucks and touch all the gadgets.
The keep this old fashion firetrucks for parades. It was pretty neat.

P.S. Tyler isn't in these pictures because he wasn't there. He had to go to play practice for "Alice in Wonderland", and missed out on cub scouts that day. Since I was being den mom, I got to take Justin with me.

No comments: