Remember how I mentioned that all those pre-labors were just a trick on me to frustrate me and make my last 2 months of pregnancy miserable. Now that it is safe for baby to come, he hasn't (and most likely wont, until the very last day). In the mean time, I get to endure many sporadic contractions that hurt, a very huge belly that hangs down to my knees, no sleep, pains and aches with every movement, and swollen feet...
all with a SMILE! At least, I am trying to smile.
Oh, and I still have to go into some sort of doctors office 5 times a week for baby monitoring, blood testing, ultrasounds, and routine Dr check-ups.
I hope this next couple of weeks goes really fast!
4 comments:
Hi Brooke. Sister Meyers here again. Wow, you have had quite the week! Hang in there. He will be so, so worth it! And remember, you are in the prayers of many people.
Oh my goodness Brooke! I'm going to have to whip up something nice to send you to help you smile! Here's to hoping you have a happily eventful week next week. Oh...have you decided on a name yet?
Oh, Brooke! I remember this ALL too well! :( Those last few weeks were just a killer for me this last time. I was so convinced Rachel would come early, and every passing day and EVERY pain/contraction was filled with thoughts of "Is this it? Is this the real thing?" Ugh. It's really agonizing. I WISH I had words of wisdom and advice. But at least I DO have LOTS of sympathy!
What finally did get me through the agony of the last week or two was when a good friend told me about her experience with this same thing. She got a Priesthood blessing, and was told to be patient because the Lord was preparing her son for the work he had to do here on earth. And when He was done, then her son would be born. That was so powerful for me, and I realized that a few extra days is certainly worth it if the Lord needed to give my baby some more instruction! It was certainly better than a few extra days with ME! It was great comfort for me to realize that I needed to see the bigger, spiritual picture, rather than my little earthly experience. I love that you're still smiling, though! You're such a wonderful woman! My thoughts and prayers are with you, Brooke! Happy pushing! ;0)
me too! Hang in there! I know how you feel!
Post a Comment