With the kit, we mailed in an order for caterpillars to come in the mail.
After we had the caterpillars for a few days, they(there were 2 of them) hung themselves upside-down and turned into chrysalids. We had to wait about a week for the butterflies to come out.
They are really pretty when they open their wings.
After a couple of days, we let them go outside.
It was a fun experience!
3 comments:
Miranda has been raising butterflies in her school class. They each got one. She named it Jenna. Isn't that cute? Her's is in the chrysalis right now. She is very excited for it to become a butterfly. Great job, Tyler!
What a fun gift idea! I've never heard of a butterfly kit that comes with caterpillars. I'll have to remember that one:)
I didn't know you could order them to do at home!? My 6 year old is also raising them at school...they just released them this last week. Such a fun idea!!
Post a Comment