Wednesday, July 23, 2008

six random things about me...

I got tagged by my cousin a while back and never got to it, so here it is:

1. I like great true stories! I just finished a really cool project for my husbands parents. They served in the peace corp when they were young singles. That's were they met. Anyway, I just took all their picture slides and scanned them into the computer. It was so fun for me to see them when they were young. Jim looks exactly like his mom!

2. I am horrible at cleaning my car. It is the one place that I use all of the time that I never attempt to keep tiety, because no-one sees it but my family. It was cleaned this week for the first in time in probably a couple of years! The funny thing is that it wasn't me that cleaned it. It was my friend, who borrowed it. This shows how bad I am and how nice my friend is. It smells nice though. Vanilla!

3. I love to buy clothes, but hardly ever do. There are few things that make me in a better mood than a brand new look! I love to get pedicures and have my hair done too. Oh, and to top it off with a great new pair of shoes would be fantastic!!!

4. I am on a diet right now with my hubby, and I hate it! I am such a complainer about not being able to eat what I want, and what makes it worse is that I haven't lost very much yet. I am about ready to quit and go back to my old habits!

5. I started this game with my kids this week. It is a song that we sing," singing a song is fun to do" I have been in a sour mood lately, so I decided that I needed to think more positively and be more cheerful. So now when my kids and I drive around town, we sing this song and take turns picking what is fun to do. We have been able to think of many great things! It makes me feel a bit like Pollyanna! I love it!

6. I have been poked by needles 7 times in the last week 1/2. I have been to the doctor a number of times since March, and right now the Doctor is trying to figure out why my platelet count is still too low. They keep doing blood tests on me, and my veins like to roll or something, so the poor nurses (really poor me), it takes a few tries before they actually get any blood. Fun huh? I don't think it is anything to worry about, just adding one more thing to my already busy life.


OK, so now I have to tag 6 more people:
Liz, Whitney, Katie, Crystal, Sarah, and Julie

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Brooke, I love tags! You learn the most interesting things about people from tags, I've found! SUPER FUN!

And... I totally feel your pain on the needle thing. (Not that I've been poked 7 times in the last week, but rather... it takes about 7 pokes for them to actually find a vein, pretty much any time I need blood drawn.) Oh, there's nothing more frustrating than a nurse who can't find a vein. I feel your pain, friend!

carrie said...

i love pedicures, too! next time we all get together (and aren't camping) we should do a girls afternoon!!

oh, sorry about the needle sticks. i hope things get figured out soon so they can stop!