Jim and I went with his dad to the natural sulphur springs. It was really neat! There were 24 natural springs that came up out of the mountain. Many of the pools were different temperatures, but some were as warm as 115 degrees. The water had all sorts of natural minerals in it that is good for your body. The sulphur had a light hard boiled egg smell, but it wasn't bad. We went from pool to pool, trying different temperatures. For me, the hotter the better. I especially liked the waterfall that was really warm!
I have a funny story about my CTR ring that I always wear:
We didn't read the warning, until it was too late, that the minerals in the water can tarnish your jewelry. So in the first pool I noticed my ring turning into a swirly rainbow of colors. In the second pool it turned a bright blue! In the 3rd pool it turned a beautiful green! So it began to be a game to see what color my new mood ring turned. At the end of it all, it turned into a dark shiny gray that I really liked.
Since I have been home it has all gone away though. Awe shucks!
2 comments:
What a fun trip! I love colorado! What great family memories!
it's gorgeous there. i love colorado. i loved seeing mr. and mrs. cook too! this is allison (mauzy) cullen-- i was in jim's class in sd. i found your blog through gretchens. fun! now i can spy on you! and from all the way across the world!
Post a Comment