Friday, April 25, 2008

52 Blessings Project- week 17









Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.
I AM THANKFUL FOR THINGS THAT COMFORT MY KIDS WHEN THEY ARE SAD.

Tyler started carrying his bunny everywhere he went the week of his 1st birthday. He has loved his bunny ever since. He still wants it at bed time. His first bunny was blue, but he lost it and then Grandma Turley replaced it with one that was almost exactly like it, but white.

Justin is attached to his truck blanket that Great Grandma Turley made for him. For a long time, when Justin was little, and he was sad, he wouldn't stop crying until he got his blanket. He then grew into ripping it apart in his sleep, by pulling out the ties with his teeth. He still loves it though; even with the holes.

Caleb is a bottle boy. The 1st of the three. He doesn't really want mommy when he is upset. He only a wants a bottle. The really cute part is his consistant pose while he drinks, with one hand on the bottle and the other in his hair. He started that even before he could hold his bottle himself. When he has something in both hands the bottle goes to his mouth and he still puts the object to his head. It is very endearing.

6 comments:

Suzy Farar said...

I love those pics of Caleb with his bottle, he just looks so sweet!Daniel was a thumb sucker, Ethan adopted this king size blanket that was actually supposed to be on my bed! He still has it, and it is getting very worn, and the corners are mangled because he would rub his face with them!ALlison has two soft blankets she's had since being very little she likes. And I'm trying to remember Cades, but I can't!!

Crissybug said...

I love that you decided to do this project. I have enjoyed reading all of your blessings so far. I think this project is such an awesome idea. It really helps me to recognize some of the smallest things in my life.

My husband hates that my kids have 'lovies' or whatever you want to call them. Caden has a mouse (he actually won it at 'Mother Goose' years ago...it was Whisper's cousin- do you remember that) and Sydney has a little kitty and her 'soft. They love them, and I love that they love them.

Kate said...

Hey, I JUST saw your second hair cut pictures...it looks so cute! I had a hard time thinking of you with short hair but wow! Very nice!

Rebecca said...

Hey, Brooke! This is Rebecca Hale! Glad to see your adorable family! Looks like everyone's doing well!

the bigger family said...

brooke,

we sure love your blog. it's nice to see what's going on in your lives.

we hope all is going well.

david and kendra

OurFamily said...

Hey there! I'm glad you found my blog, I've been blog stalking you for a bit too :) Love all hte pictures... your kids are too cute!